With the first written mention of Pischia, in 1333, mention is also made of the priest Johannes of Pisky, and in 1335 of Lukasius of Pisky, who are assumed to be the founders of the Roman Catholic Church, as wondering priests (friars), without mentioning, however, a Roman Catholic parish.
No one knows for sure how long there has been a Roman Catholic Church in Pischia. It is assumed that when the Ottomans conquered Banat, there was a chapel here, then there was a small church, built during the Hungarian domination.
With the colonization of Germans in 1724, a Roman Catholic Church was organized here. Anyway, in the first half of the 18th century in Pisky there was a small church, which already had two church bells in 1741.
The construction of a new Roman Catholic church started in 1771, during the lead of Josef Jakobus Ese, at the beginning of the Sauerländergasse street, with the approval of empress Maria Theresa and under the patronage of baron Georg Barko von Manassy, which was terminated in 1776, during the time of the priest Jakob Unterberger, who was the first priest to serve in the new church. At the same time, a new semi-large organ was brought and 3 church bells were bought for the belfry.
The church was renovated several times. A small renovation is done in 1927, at the time of the priest Johann Pflug; in 1933, at the time of the priest Josef Ban, the church was painted by the master painter Karl Wolf from Arad; between 1953-1962, the priest Ladislas Diedrich modified the wooden structure of the belfry and its shape, resulting in the belfry with the current shape; in 1974, at the time of the priest Johann Kollmer, the interior decoration and painting are repaired by the painter Gheorghe Epure and Matei Lannert, who paint the altar and the attic with the organ.
Regularly, musicians are invited to perform on special events, organ concerts being renowned in this region, and the original organ is fully functional and highly appreciated by the audience.
A beautiful monument “The Holy Trinity” was erected near the church in 1909, donated by the Dengel family, and while later, in front of the church the Kilian family erected a large metal cross. In 1923, a monument dedicated to the heroes, created by the master mason Petru Lipert was erected in 1923 in front of the parish house
The church has an icon painted by the Wiener academic painter Carol Gutsch in 1876 and which cost 200 florins.
The personality of the priest Augustin Weber, who served in the Roman Catholic church of Pischia between 1971-1882 has to be noted. He participated, alongside Maximilian, the brother of emperor Franz Josef, in the Austrian campaign of conquering Mexico, on April 1864, campaign which ended with the defeat of the Austrians in May 1867. He went to Rome, where he visited Pope Pius XX. He died on February 2, 1909.
Several crosses were built in various parts of the village with the occasion of religious festivals, crosses where village people would go on the occasion of ceremonies: one cross in the part of the village called Freidorf, one cross in Frankengasse, one cross in the Wood, one cross on the exist to Murani, one cross on the road to Bencec, two crossed at the place of vineyard, one white cross in part of the village called Oberdorf.