Two villages, brother next to brother: the history of Bencecu de Sus is directly linked to that of the neighboring village Bencecu de Jos. In 1794, the Austrian administration brought here German colonists. These were settled near the original village, where they formed a new village and gave it a derived name. The new village was called Bencecu de Sus or Bencecu German.
It is mentioned by J. Griselini before 1797, under the name, Sannicolaul Mic circle.
The history of this village is connected with the colonization of Germans, with the history of Bencecu de Jos. The Germans colonized in 1794 settled at the edge of Bencecu de Jos, on the southern part of the stream Bacin, 1 km away, on the hill slope, where the remains of the old houses can still be seen, founding the village Bencecu German. In 1807, they moved to the current location of the village, 2.5 km further south from the old location, on a smooth platform 6 km away from Ianova village.
Until 1814 it was an eparchial property, belonging to the domain of Blumenthal, who donated it to Prince Schwarzenberg, who in 1819 sold it to Petru Thokoly, then in 1838 is was bought by baron Sina, from whom it passed on to the baroness Anastasia Sina, married to the count Wimpffenn.
The Roman-Catholic church is built in 1832 in place of the old chapel, through the contribution of Thokoly. In 1935, Bencecu de Sus village was in located Timis County, Recas district, having 1465 inhabitants and 365 houses and a total area of 3,020 jugers.
The inhabitants are mostly Roman-Catholic Germans, the primary school functioned with 3 school teachers. There was a male choir and a mixed choir and 2 marching bands. There were also a mill, a building society and a bank.
Starting with 1960, the village was colonized with Romanians from Hunedoara County, then in 1965 settled here Romanian families from Salciua Noua village and in 1986 also Romanians from Alba County. Between 1983-1989, the German population moved to Germany, their place being taken by Romanians from other counties.
Until 1968 it was commune center together with the villages of Bencecu de Jos and Salciua Noua, after which it was assigned to Pischia commune.